At the Consultation for Treatment of Lyme and Tick-borne Illnesses the patients are treated according to recommendations of ILADS (International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society).
ILADS is a multidisciplinary medical association dealing with:
- The appropriate diagnosis of Lyme disease (Lyme borreliosis) and other tick-borne diseases
- The treatment of Lyme disease
- The treatment of the associated diseases
In these three areas ILADS differs from the classical approach:
- Diagnosis of Lyme disease does not end with ELISA and Western Blot test. It is based on carefully examined results of an interview (e.g. available on the website Dr. Horowitz’s Questionnaire) and additional tests such as PCR, LTT-Borrelia, the lymphocyte fraction of CD57 cells, Immune Complex test.
- Treatment of chronic disease is usually long and involves taking several antibiotics. The aim is to improve the clinical condition confirmed by additional examination.
- Chronic Lyme disease is often associated with other illnesses, which are also responsible for the symptoms and require treatment (Bartonellosis, Babesiosis, Ehrlichiosis, Mycoplasmose and other).
In the treatment of Lyme disease also we use hyperthermia treatments. Read more about this here.